Saturday, February 6, 2016

Welcome to Hook & Petal

Wooly Ana's Crochet has had a make over! 
Meet Wooly Ana's Hook & Petal! I'm hoping a more precise focus to the blog will help me and it feel less scattered. 

I want to start this new version of my blog by going back to the Jacinta flower. This is a pattern I wrote to honor my stillborn daughter Jacinta.  My hope is that eventually this pattern will become as widespread as the African flower or the Maybelle flower so I will continue to share it periodically in hopes that more and more people will make it.

When I first made the flower I did it in a solid color, later I discovered that it makes a delightful multicolored flower as well. 

Here is a tutorial including the color changes:

You will need 3-4 different color yarns

Chain 6, join with slip st to form a ring.


Color 1

RND 1: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), 15 dc in 

ring; join with slip st to first dc. (16 dc totals)




Color 2
RND 2: Ch 1, sc in same st, ch 3, skip next dc, *sc in next dc, ch 3, skip next dc; repeat from* 6 more times; end with slip st in first sc. (8 ch-3 spaces).




RND 3: Ch 1, sc in same st, (2 sc, ch 3, 2 sc) in next ch-3 space, *sc in next sc (2 sc, ch 3, 2 sc) in next ch-3 sp * repeat from * 6 more times; end with slip st in first sc. (8 ch-3 spaces)


Color 3
RND 4: Ch 1, sc in same sc, dc in next ch-3 space, (ch 1, dc in same sp) 4 times, skip next 2 sc, *sc in next sc, dc in next ch-3 sp, (ch 1, dc in same sp) 4 times, skip next 2 sc* repeat from * 6 more times; end with slip st in first sc. (8 flower petals)



Either continue with color 3 as I have here or switch to color 4
RND 5: Slip st into next dc, slip st in next 1-ch space, ch 1, sc in same ch-1 space, ch 3, sc in next ch-1 sp, (ch 3, sc in next 1-ch sp) 2 times *skip next (dc, sc, dc), sc in next 1-ch space, (ch 3, sc in next 1-ch sp) 3 times* repeat from * 6 more times; slip st in first sc. (24 ch-3 spaces)



Your Jacinta flower is done but here is the down side of a multicolored flower - all the damned ends that need to be woven in! 

But they are so pretty you will certainly forgive them for all the trouble.

After you are done you will of course want to do a photo shoot!







I made some beautiful cushion covers with them by turning them into squares.



Hope you enjoy making these flowers as much as I do!
Thanks for visiting!















No comments:

Post a Comment