Saturday, February 6, 2016

Crochet Flower Tournament Bracket

After making all 50 flowers in Claire Crompton's 200 Crochet Flowers, Embellishments & Trims I fell deeply in love with some, hated others, wanted to break up with some before I even finished them, while others left me feeling nothing. 





I wondered what other crocheters thought so I've decided to take it to instagram to see what my lovely crochet buddies there think. Rather than post all 50 flowers and have people vote I decided to set up a Crochet Flower Bracket.  Each day I will post 5 flowers and ask my followers to vote. That will leave me with 10 winners, which I will divide into two groups of 5 for a second vote. 

The 2 winners will be put up for a final vote with the winner being named the most popular flower in Crompton's book! 

Exciting right???


Like a basketball March Madness bracket for crochet nerds!

Today I posted the first 5


I've decided to simply post them in the order they appear in the book rather than try to group them in any specific order. Although I realize that color probably impacts the voting I can't bring myself to make them all the same color. That is to say this not a scientifically valid study - it's just fun.  I'll report the results for the first batch and the post a picture of the second batch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment