Friday, June 27, 2014

How Many Grannies?

I know it has been very quiet here in Wooly Ana's Neighborhood, but I have been hard at work figuring out how to best use social media to share my work, and making grannies, of course. I'll explain more later, but for today I have a short post.

I switch granny yarn daily so I've never been really certain exactly how many grannies one skein of yarn provides. I decided it was time I found. I tested it with this skein of Knitpicks Felici yarn in Splash (I love this color!).




It is 50 grams and 218 feet of the some of the prettiest aqua, teal, white stripped, soft, fluffy, fingering goodness I have ever taken a hook to.

I got FIVE sweet little grannies out of it (as I suspected)


And this pretty little ball was left over,


which I added to my beloved jar of pretty little yarn balls. 


My assistant, Trixie, set up this shot. For a two year old she is very interested in composition and props.

I'


No comments:

Post a Comment