Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Jacinta Flower Garland

I love crochet flower garland! What's not to love? It is quick, easy, uses up scraps of yarn, and can be customized to fit any occasion or taste. There are so many great garland patterns and tutorials on line but I want to add one for the Jacinta flower. 

It's so simple that a pattern isn't necessary, but I thought I'd share some pictures and a description of how I put mine together.

First, I make tons of Jacinta Flowers using fingering weight yarn. The flowers end up being about 2 1/2 inches



Chain 30


Put 2 sc in one ch-3 space. Be sure to pick a ch-3 space in the middle of the petal.


Chain 5


2 sc in the middle ch-3 space of next petal.


Chain 10 (This is an arbitrary number. I tend to like the flowers to be close together but if you would like the lengthen the distance between flowers simply add chains)


Repeat with flowers until your garland is the desired length.









Don't forget to chain 30 at the end of your garland. 

When you are all done, admire your work by putting it in various shapes.



Then you hang it anywhere you want to add some happy.



















No comments:

Post a Comment